The BI Engineer – Power BI would need to have at least 3+ years of experience. In this role, you will be responsible for administering, supporting, monitoring, tuning and patching the Power BI reporting environment. This involves the management and administration of all components of the Power BI domain.
- Power BI Report development.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business intelligence.
- Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visuals.
- Works closely with Power BI report users to tune and optimize Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Capable of implementing row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Should have an edge over making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Expert in using advanced-level calculations on the data set.
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentaries.
- Should be able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with data warehouse standards.
- Very good communication skills must be able to discuss the requirements effectively with the client teams, and with internal teams.